Game of Thrones fans! Don’t miss the Game of Thrones: The Virtual Final Season staged reading on April 28-29, 2018, presented by Boston University and live streamed by BUTV10. Fans can take selfies on HBO’s Iron Throne! There is no cost to attend. For updates, including streaming and replay details for all six episodes, sign up at bit.ly/GoT_event.
When the seventh season of HBO’s Game of Thrones aired last summer, fan speculation about GoT’s final season abounded. In January 2018, select Boston University undergraduate and graduate film and television students began the course Game of Thrones – The Virtual Final Season.
These talented BU students have been working as a writers room. They’ve created a six-episode arc reflecting how they think this mega-hit television show should end.
On April 28-29, 2018, the BU Film and Television department will present staged readings of Game of Thrones – The Virtual Final Season for a live audience.
Episodes 1-3 will be performed on Saturday, April 28. Episodes 4-6 will be performed on Sunday, April 29. The performances will be live-streamed on BUTV10.
Our event also launches a brand-new Boston University arts space (formerly the Art Institute of Boston) at 700 Beacon Street near Fenway Park. Our interactive exhibit offers great photo opportunities, including:
- the Iron Throne, courtesy of HBO;
- dramatic wall coverings featuring Winterfell, a weirwood tree, and the Night’s Watch oath, courtesy of the Loews Boston Hotel;
- intricate Game of Thrones 3-D pop up cards, courtesy of Lovepop;
- a hand-sculpted Game of Thrones cake, courtesy of Oakleaf Cakes; and
- stunning limited-edition poster art, courtesy of Nikittysan.
We’ll also be projecting the live performances from the upstairs theater to the 100-seat gallery viewing area.